When was the last time your computer was tuned up?
In a lot of ways, computers are like automobiles. They require maintenance, can break down at the worst possible time, and are not something you want to mess with if you’re unsure what you’re doing. Luckily, if you take care of your computer, the lifespan will improve drastically. Here at HAS The Geek we recommend a computer tuneup ever 6-12 months depending on the user. Below are just a few of the tasks we complete when conducting a computer tune-up.
- Install the newest Windows Updates and patches
- Remove any temporary / unneeded files
- Update Anti-Virus and run scan on computer
- Inspect all fans / ventilation areas to ensure no blockage
- Advise on possible backups (if not already in place)
- Remove any suspicious programs such as malware, infected toolbars, and other pieces that accumulate from everyday use
A computer tuneup is typically about an hour long. They can be scheduled mouths in advance. You will be reminded of your appointment prior to it to ensure the time still works for you.